Friday, May 11, 2007

Reflection on CLass Material

In class this week, my professor took some extra time to teach the class some basic HTML code neccesary to start a web page. I most definitely am not a big computer person especially when it comes to the technical aspect of it. However I must say I was interested in learning these basics which are essential things to know. I do know programs out there exist where pretty much all background stuff, like actual codes are taken care of by the system, but just how we should know how to do math and not just how to use a calculator, I believe it is essential to know the simple basics in case our programs do happen to fail us. I must admit it is much easier than it appears to be when viewing a source code on any complex webpage.

Seeing as how I am lucky to have my professor teach me these things, I decided to see how available this informtion is to the general public. After all it is key information but its importance is wavering due to technology taking care of even that. I must say I was pleasantly suprised to find a plethora of different websites offering tutorials including: Hypergurl Tutorial and Ewebtribe Tutorial

There is also additonal concern for HTML due to Microsoft's ASP.NET possibly taking over. I found an interesting article that addresses the diminishing importance of HTML with some very compelling reasons why: here it is

1 comment:

Ashley Goldberg said...

This could be extremely helpful to me if I ever decide to make my own web page! So its good to know that these tutorials are out there because I am also not too computer saavy and its good to see the upcoming trends with what may happen with HTML.